Saturday, January 29, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes.


For over 5 years now I have been blessed with the amazing task of babysitting/taking care of this precious girl: Landy Kate. If any of you know her, you understand the love I have this girl. She cares more about people than most adults do. She is constantly wanting to send her old toys and things to the "hungers" as she so sweetly puts it. She has my heart and is my best friend. She is my Cakes and I am her Kate Kate. She is the funniest person I have ever met. With her witty jokes, and her sweet smile. She melts the heart of anyone that meets her.
Well, the other day after I had gotten her from school she looks at me and begins to tell me about this story she learned at school. It was from John 21:1-14 with amazement in her eyes she begins to tell me this story in her way. Something struck me while listening to her and the way she was telling me the story. I wonder how many times we read a story from the bible and just look it over and say Oh cool. But as I listened to her and her retelling of this story, I realized how many times I don't go and tell others what I read that day or don't have excitement about what I was reading. God's word is alive, and breathing. I should always want to go and tell others of the amazing things He has done. So my challenge is to tell someone what you read that day, whether or not they have heard it over and over. God's word is never boring. Nothing like a 5 year old to put things in perspective for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment